Step 1: Stop the node
Let’s turn off the node so we can change the wallet.
service waves stop
Step 2: Encode your new seed
Your seed should be encode with base58 so the system will understand your seed. In this step we explain you how to do so.
- Create a new file named “base58script.py”:
- Copy the following information in the file:
seed = “YOURSEEDHERE”
encoded_seed = base58.b58encode(seed)
- Retype the “ + fill in your seed!
Be aware! If you copy and paste the above rows the “ won’t work because the layout is different. Retype the “ so the seed will be marked in green. See example below:
- Saved and close the file (CTRL S + CTRL X)
- Activate your new script by the following command:
chmod u+x base58script.py
- Run the following command to get your seed:
- Keep that Base58 string (we need it in Step 10)
Step 3: Move old wallet
Because you used a previous wallet on this node, it has already a wallet.dat file. This file should be moved because otherwise it tried to use this wallet file.
mv /var/lib/waves/wallet/wallet.dat /var/lib/waves/wallet/wallet.dat.old
Step 4: Change waves.conf file
Now we changing the waves.conf file with the new information.
- Open the file
- Change the password in the file (between the “”)
- Change the seed that you get in step 2
Step 5: Start waves service
We changed all neccesairy configuration and can start the waves service again.
service waves start
Step 6: Change the API-key-HASH
You can find your API key hash by the following steps:
- Open your browser and fill in your Public IP address (without “www” or “http”)
- Now “Swagger” will open
- Choose for “Utils”
- Choose for “/utils/hash/secure”
- Put in the message field your “password”
- And Click on “Try it Out!”
- Now you see your hash in the “Response Body” section
- Copy your hash
- Go back to the waves config file
Replace the api-key-hash with the one you copied.
- Save the file and exit
- Restart the waves service
service waves restart
- Check if the node is running normaly (same as step 11)
journalctl -u waves.service -f
Change is completed!
Questions or need help ?
I hope this manual was clear and easy to understand.
If you have any questions or need any help, contact us and we will help you out!