Step 1: Download the new version
- Go to: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/releases/
- Click on the latest version (1.0.2 right now)
- Check the Update Notes!!
If they told you to rebuild from scratch, don’t continue with this guide!! Follow the guide with resync of the waves node!
- Scroll a little down till you found the file waves_………_all.deb
- Right click on it to and choose for “copy link location”.
- Go back to your server and put in the following command:
wget (followed by the link you copied)
Step 2: Backup your waves config
Make a copy of your waves.config file to recover when something went wrong in a upgrade.
cp /usr/share/waves/conf/waves.conf ~/
Step 3: Install the update
- Stop Waves node
service waves stop
- Install the update (fill in your version of the update)
dpkg -i waves_………_all.deb
The update is installed after this step!
- Start Waves Node
service waves start
- Check if the node is running normaly
journalctl -u waves.service -f
Questions or need help ?
I hope this manual was clear and easy to understand!
If you have any questions or need any help, contact us and we will help you out!