Step 0: Automated Script
Use the following script that we made so all the steps below will be done automatically!
Steps to make the script
- Go to https://github.com/sanderwaves/wavesassist/blob/waves/update_wavesnode
- Make a new file on your server
- Paste all lines from the website into the empty file
- Save and exit
- Make the file executable
chmod u+x ./script
- Run the script
The script will ask the version he needs to install. Provide here the latest version with dots in between. For example (1.0.2 or 1.1.3 or 1.1.2).
The rest will be done automatically!
Step 1: Download the new version
- Go to: https://github.com/wavesplatform/Waves/releases/
- Click on the latest version (1.0.2 right now)
- Check the Update Notes!!
If they told you to rebuild from scratch, don’t continue with this guide!! Follow the guide with resync of the waves node!
- Scroll a little down till you found the file waves_………_all.deb
- Right click on it to and choose for “copy link location”.
- Go back to your server and put in the following command:
wget (followed by the link you copied)
Step 2: Backup your waves config
Make a copy of your waves.config file to recover when something went wrong in a upgrade.
cp /usr/share/waves/conf/waves.conf ~/
Step 3: Install the update
- Stop Waves node
service waves stop
- Install the update (fill in your version of the update)
dpkg -i waves_………_all.deb
The update is installed after this step!
- Start Waves Node
service waves start
- Check if the node is running normaly
journalctl -u waves.service -f
Questions or need help ?
I hope this manual was clear and easy to understand!
If you have any questions or need any help, contact us and we will help you out!